Join us this Friday, February 1 for First Friday, Gettysburg Style. Since it is the month of LOVE, we would LOVE for you to take advantage of our “Red and Pink” sale. Any item in the store that has Red AND/OR Pink on it is 10% off (including clearance items).
Last minute shopping can be nerve wracking. If you’re still looking for that unique gift stop in this weekend. Our hours are as follows:
December 22 9:30 – 6
December 23 10 – 5
December 24 10 – 2
December 25 CLOSED
Join us Saturday, December 1 for Gettysburg’s 1st annual “A Gettysburg Christmas Festival. There will be lots of activities throughout the town and in various shops. Artworks will have free hot chocolate with choice of topping; whipped cream or marshmallows. We are also offering 10% off of a single Beyond Borders Haitian Metal Art item AND 15% off of our already marked clearance items. Make a day of it! Refer to http://www.agettysburgchristmasfestival.com and see what’s happening on each street. You don’t want to miss a thing.
The holiday season is always about hustle and bustle. We realize you are so busy shopping and dragging packages back and for to where your car is parked. So we want to make it easy on you.
Purchase something at Artworks and we will hold your package(s) until you’re ready to pick them up. All we require is your name and phone number and if you haven’t picked up your items and it’s close to closing time we will call you 1 hour before we close to remind you.
We decided to try something new. We’ve always liked Willow Tree figures but there was already a local dealer in town. As soon as we found out that shop decided to relinquish their dealership we JUMPED at the opportunity to have these wonderful items in our store. We are starting small; literally. The first items we’ve decided to bring in are the ornaments. These aren’t holiday ornaments, they are everyday ornaments that you can give and display all year long anywhere! The ornaments displayed in the picture are ones we have in stock. We will certainly take special requests and will look to expand our line past just ornaments. We just wanted to test the proverbial waters first! We hope you’re as excited to have Willow Tree available at Artworks as we are.
November is just around the corner and we’re all ready to relax and unwind for another First Friday, Gettysburg Style. This First Friday we will be featuring wine from Halbrendt Winery (www.halbrendtwinery.com) and grapevine wreaths by local artist Andi Donahue. Andi cuts and uses grapevines from Halbrendt Winery for her wreaths.
Artworks is a collection spot for donations for homeless veterans. We will be collecting November 2 – December 9. A list of items below are needed for men and women. Only new/unused items should be donated.
Hats, Gloves, Tee Shirts, Sweat Pants, Sweat Shirts, Socks, Underwear, Combs, Brushes, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap, Shaving Cream, Razors, Detergents, School Supplies (pens, pencils, writing tablets)
It’s finally feeling like fall in Gettysburg. October has almost passed us by and onto the holidays with lots of family, fun, and FOOD! Upcoming activities at Artworks include:
- November 2, First Friday Gettysburg Style – Collections for our veterans
- November 16-19, Remembrance Day Weekend
- November 22, Thanksgiving
- November 23, Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Event – Gather downtown on the square at 5pm for fun activities while waiting for Santa to arrive at 6pm to light the Gettysburg Christmas Tree. Santa will then be greeting the little ones at his Shanty until 8pm
- November 26, Cyber Monday
- December 1, A Gettysburg Christmas Festival 10am-9pm – A town wide festival from the center square out to Steinwehr Ave.
- 7:30-11:30am – Breakfast with Santa at Gettysburg Hotel
- 10am-4pm – Free horse drawn carriage rides
- 1pm – Christmas Parade
- 2pm – Free Movie at Majestic Theater It’s a Wonderful Life
- 2-5pm – Clear Harmony Caroler
- 9am-5pm – Art Council’s Annual Gingerbread House Celebration